Contagious Joy: Women of the Bible Israel Tour
February 12-23, 2020
Friday, February 14, 2020
● Late Evening Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport
● Late Checkin: Caesar Premier/Tiberias
Saturday, February 15, 2020
● All aboard! This morning we sail the Galilee in a replica of an ancient wooden fishing boat. Enjoy a time of pray and worship as we cross the Sea of Galilee.
● Gather on Mt. Carmel, overlooking the magnificent Jezreel Valley where the armies will gather for the battle of Armageddon. It is here that Elijah confronted the prophets of Baal proclaiming the LORD He is GOD! (1 Kings 18:20,21)
● Journey to Capernaum (John 6:24) to visit the first century synagogue where Jesus preached and healed the epileptic boy (Matt. 4:1317, Mark 9:1429).
● Visit Magdala , an ancient village where, according to tradition, Mary of Magdalene lived
● St Peter’s Fish Lunch
● Victory is ours as we walk the ancient Canaanite city Hazor conquered by Joshua! “Joshua turned back, captured Hazor and struck down its king with the sword. Hazor had been the head of those kingdoms.”(Joshua 11:10)
Sunday, February 16, 2020
● Visit Kibbutz Meharvia , where Golda Meir , Israel’s fourth and first female Prime Minister, lived after immigrating to Israel in 1921. Peek inside her room, walk among the Almond trees, and experience kibbutz life in Israel.
● Visit the Oren Farm Visitor Center and Argan Oil Factory in Netiv Hagdud. Learn about agriculture in the Jordan Valley and watch a presentation on the special qualities, strength and uses of the Argan tree.
● Ein Gedi is an oasis in the desert and a green Garden of Eden in the wilderness. Hike along the Nachal David, the river of David, named after King David who hid from king Saul. A full Judean desert experience is encapsulated in this short, spectacular, river hike.
● Float in the Dead Sea , bathe yourself in the mineral rich water and mud.
● Checkin: Kibbutz Ein Gedi
Monday, February 17, 2020
● Meet the Karakal Israeli Army Unit: a combat unit where men and women serve (if security permits – to be advised)
● Be'er Sheva, today’s capital of the Negev Desert. Visit Biblical Beer Sheva, home to Abraham, and see ruins of the walled city from the Israelite monarchic period.
● Get ready to descend into an ancient biblical well at the Abraham’s Well Visitors Centre. Learn about the life of the Patriarch Abraham as we gather at the gates of the Old City, situated along the banks of the biblical BeerSheva River.
● Drive through the Negev Desert
● Visit Beth Shemesh , in the northeast low lands of Judea. Among other stories, Beth Shemesh is mentioned in the Bible in connection with the return of the Ark of the Covenant by the Philistines.
● Checkin: Ramada Jerusalem
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
● Drive to the tip of the Mount of Olives , where Jesus ascended to heaven after his resurrection. "And the glory of the Lord went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city" (Ezekiel 11:23).
● Enjoy a breathtakingly panoramic view of the Old City of Jerusalem and descend to the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed the night of his betrayal.
● Visit the scenes of Jesus' prayer to His Father in the Garden of Gethsemane
● Walk through the Kidron Valley known as the Valley of Jehoshaphat, where God will judge the nations of the world (Joel 3:12).
● Room of the Last Supper , The Coenaculum. According to very old sources, Jesus and his disciples celebrated Passover at this site on Mount Zion. “On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?” (Matthew 26:17).
● Evening meeting: Norma Sarvis, Leader of the National Messianic Women’s conference
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
● Tel Shiloh was the first religious centre of the Israelites after conquering Canaan. Visit the ancient excavations of the Biblical city Shilo where the Tabernacle stood for 369 years.
● It was in Samaria, the woman met Jesus at the well (John 4)
● The Biblical city of BethEl, means, “the house of God.” From Jacob’s ladder to Jeroboam’s golden calf, BethEL continues to speak. Meet the people who resettled BethEl in 1977.
● After lunch, we will go to the Herodian , the famous Mount building by Herod the Great. We will overlookBethlehem and learn about the fields of Ruth and the pastures of David and look into modern Judea and situation today.
● Meet Sohara Heiman a mother who lost her son in the last Gaza war.
● Evening meeting: Christine Sakakibara, a true Jerusalemite having lived in Israel for just on 40 years, with all her five children being born in Jerusalem. Living through wars and terror, she can testify to the saving power of God shielding and healing her loved ones on many occasions. Christine is a keen observer of international news and writes regular prayer updates about the ongoing Middle East situation.
Thursday, February 20, 2020
● A visit to the Temple Mount , Israel’s most holy site. It is biblical Mt. Moriah where Abraham offered Isaac, David stopped the plague at the threshing floor, Solomon built the Temple, Ezra restored it, and King Herod embellished it. In Lk 2:3638, Anna the Prophetess was fasting and praying in the temple. In 70AD the Temple was destroyed,
soon to be rebuilt. Jesus studied, prophesied, and taught to on its southern steps (Luke 2:4152). Today, it is also the third holiest place in Islam. (Anna the Prophetess Luke 2: 3638)
● Hear the children laugh as you walk through the Old City’s Jewish Quarter. Stand and pray at the Western Wall. Behold the colourful markets and the Cardo , an ancient Roman site now filled with shops brimming with Middle Eastern artistry.
● Walk the Via Dolorosa that Jesus walk on his way to be crucified while touring the Old City of Jerusalem.
● Friends of Zion Heritage Museum – This fascinating exhibition of the History of world changers who stood in the gap for the People and the State of Israel.
● It’s time to shop! Visit Mahane Yehuda Shuk, the oldest (1928) and largest open market in Israel. Located in downtown Jerusalem near Ben Yehuda Street, famous for its shopping, food, and street entertainment.
● Evening Shopping at Ben Yehuda Street
Friday, February 21, 2020
● Visit the magnificent Israel Museum ! Check out the Dead Sea Scrolls found in and around the Qumran caves. They’re the oldest Biblical manuscripts in the world. And for the ladies, the Museum has an awe inspiring Jewish Wedding exhibit.
● Outside the Museum is the Model of Jerusalem during the Second Temple Period . You will see Jerusalem as it looked during the days of Jesus up until it was destroyed in 66CE.
● Yad Vashem is Israel’s official memorial to victims of the Holocaust. It is also the world center for documentation, research, education and commemoration of the Holocaust.
● Menorah outside the Knesset, the Israeli parliament, picturing several biblical scenes.
● Visit the Western Wall and join with Jews from around the world as they pray in the Sabbath.
Saturday, February 22, 2020
● He’s alive! The Garden Tomb is believed to be the authentic burial and resurrection site of Jesus with a direct view of Golgotha, the place of the skull and crucifixion site. Immerse yourself in the peaceful garden surroundings while we share in communion, prayer, song and fellowship.
● Explore Caesarea Maritima, the historic Roman Capital of Judea and home to Cornelius. Relive Acts 10 as you discover where Peter shared the gospel with Cornelius (Acts 24-26).
● The Old Seaport of Jaffa brings to life Jonah’s journey, Tabitha’s resurrection from the dead, and Peter’s call to the gentiles. Walk through Jaffa’s narrow alleyways, artist colony, and enjoy the harbour view of Tel Aviv.
● Farewell Dinner in Jaffa
Sunday, February 23, 2020
● Early Morning Departures for USA
As your tour comes to a final Hebrew Shalom (“hello” and “goodbye”), remember you’re not leaving Israel behind, you’re taking her home – in your heart and prayers forever!
Note: The Company reserves the right to make the necessary changes at any time due to unforeseen circumstances, especially during peak seasons.
All ministry visits or talks are subject to the availability of the speakers and changes.
* Itinerary and accommodations are subject to changes
We’ve made traveling to Israel an easy and affordable experience.
There are two ways of paying for your trip. Pay in full, or take advantage of the no-interest, monthly payment plan.
The monthly payment plan is easy to set up – pay a $150 deposit per person, and the rest of the balance is divided evenly over the remaining months. If you have any questions about payment options, please contact a PREMIER Reservation Specialist, 1-800-889-5265.
$2999 per person, based on double occupancy
- Accommodations at 4 and 5 star hotels
- Daily breakfast and dinner at the hotels
- Daily lunches on route
- Entrance fees to all sites
- Professionally guided sightseeing
- Air-conditioned transportation by deluxe coach
- Sailing on the Sea of Galilee
- All gratuities and taxes
Leaves: February 12th from JFK to Tel Aviv at 9:00 PM
Returns: February 23 from Tel Aviv to JFK at 3:45 PM
Virgin Atlantic Airlines
Jackson Travel - firstname.lastname@example.org - is the preferred provider for Premier Vacations & Events. We highly recommend using Jackson Travel to assist the group with booking any flights, coordinating arrival times, and any flight questions that may arise.
Diane is the director and founder of Contagious Joy 4 Him, a network of encouragement to ministry wives around the globe. Diane shares her journey of lessons learned while being a pastor’s wife.
Growing up, Diane’s life was marked by addiction, abuse, loss and dysfunction. Yet she remembers being drawn to spiritual things. Searching for the One who could bring peace, she found her Savior, Jesus Christ. Shortly after her salvation, she surrendered to ministry and she has never looked back!
Thirty-five years ago, she married her pastor/professor, Dr. Preston Nix. He is professor of evangelism and evangelistic preaching at NOBTS. They have two biological daughters, two spiritual-grown daughters, two special grands, and two son’s in-laws.
Two times in her life Diane has lost all material possessions. Once by a house fire and another by Hurricane Katrina. She has survived a life-threatening illness, with after affects that still impact her today. Author of the book, When God’s Woman Wants to Give Up! Diane sheds light on “never giving up” in the midst of trials. She is an author, speaker, and blogger.
With over 30 years of experience as a pastor, mentor and counselor, Maureen has a desire to see people---women specifically---walk in freedom, healing and filled with the fullness of God.
Her passion has led her to serve on the Prayer Team and the Freedom team at her home church, to volunteer as a certified Mending the Soul facilitator and complex trauma mentor and to co-found a media ministry that reaches millions of people across 5 continents with the gospel of Jesus. But being a mom to 5 daughters and one son has given her the most challenging and rewarding experiences---along with an incredible amount of grey hair!
A few years ago, Maureen hit her rock bottom which began a journey of emotional, spiritual and relational health leading to her realize her calling...take as many people on this journey with her.
After many moves around the country, this Canadian has found herself at home in Grapevine, Texas, with her husband of 35 years, their six children, four sons-in-law and 2 grandbabies.
When Maureen isn't busy working/teaching/mentoring, she can be found shopping for a cute pair of boots, doing a Bible study with her toddler grandson over french fries and root beer or at home watching Columbo reruns.